CBD or Cannabidioil is one of 113 known cannabinoids discovered in Cannabis and Hemp. A cannabinoid is one of a class of diverse chemical compounds that acts on cannabinoid receptors in cells that alter neurotransmitter release in the brain.
There is a huge list of chemicals known as terpenes that can be found not only in cannabis and hemp, but many other plants as well. These terpenes all have their own health benefits as well, and also attribute to the flavor, aroma and medicinal properties in plants and medical cannabis as well. Each terpene is defined by a color.
"Full Spectrum" means a terpene from each color range has been added back into the formulas and products. This creates an overall entourage effect, and allows the CBD to be better utilized by the body. Most CBD companies are not full spectrum due to the costs. All Birds Of Paradise products are full spectrum.
Our bodies have endocannabinoid receptors – these receptors are tuned to respond to all sorts of cannabinoids. Receptors can be found throughout our bodies, and can be found in the nervous, immune, digestive and cardiovascular systems as well as in the organs – including the brain, heart, liver, reproductive organs and muscles.
The presence of those receptors suggests the cannabinoids’ could affect these specific parts of the body.
According to a study in published in The Journal of Neuroscience, “Cannabinoids have potent anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects in the brain. Generally, they reduce the sensation of pain, and squash inflammation. Hence, CBD is taken for pain management and is an evolving science.
- CBD is a naturally occurring chemical in the body
- CBD is non-psychoactive and does NOT have the ability to induce the euphoric high associated with THC
- CBD helps regulate the bodies homeostasis. In short it helps balance out your mood, sleep, appetite, pain, immune system response, and hormone regulation.
- CBD can help with: Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Seizures & Epilepsy, Headaches, Withdrawals and the list keeps on going.
- CBD is also a very strong anti-oxidant
- Terpenes are divided up into "color classes". When you hear about a product being "Full Spectrum", this is exactly what they are talking about. This means at a minimum, there is 1 terpene from each color category in the product.
Birds of Paradise is a New York-based, lab-tested cannabidiol company. All of our products are THC free and full spectrum. We CO2 extract our CBD from organic harvested hemp. Our Lab is GMP compliant and Certified IS07 / Class 10,000 Clean Room.